Hi. We're glad you're here. We believe in transparency, and this portal is here to help! If you have feedback or comments - we want to hear from you.
Hopkinton has two visual budget tools to illustrate how your tax dollars are spent; VisGov and ClearGov. Both allow you to input your yearly property tax, and see a detailed breakdown on your contribution to expenses. ***Important note - the current visualizations and data in VisGov represent PROJECTED budgets from a financial exercise that was done a number of years ago. We will soon be updating this data with actuals and final budgets, but wanted to get this visualization concept out for residents to explore. To be clear - the FY17 and FY18 data presented in VisGov is NOT the actual appropriated amounts for those years. At this time we are interested in your thoughts on the overall look and feel of this new feature as we work to upload additional years of actual/budget data. Additionally, we are in the process of upgrading to VisGov 2.0 which will include an updated user interface and more graphing options. The data is ClearGov represents actual past year expenses, and current Fiscal Year appropriated budget.
You can explore our other Transparency tools below:
Example of VisGov visual budget box chart:
Here are some additonal ways to stay informed and be in touch:
- Web Meeting Calendar
- Google Groups - Google Groups are a collection of email listservs, so you can be emailed directly and kept up to date on what matters to you
- HopNotices - general government updates
- AllAgendasWeb - for copies of all public meeting agendas and info
- BOS Agendas (Select Board Agendas) - for copies of Select Board public meeting agendas and Actions Taken
- Ebills - quarterly real estate tax reminders
- HPD Press Log - Hopkinton Police Department Activity Log. As of 2021, it also includes Hopkinton Fire Department Activity.
- Job Postings - Job openings and notices for employment
- Water & Sewer - timely information from the Hopkinton Water & Sewer Department.
- Planning Agendas and Decisions - Planning Board Public Meeting Agendas
- Main Street Corridor Project - For timely information and updates related to the MassDOT Hopkinton Main Street Corridor Project