Path to: Finance Overview & Metrics Page
Finance Team Areas of Responsibility:
- Accounting and Auditing - Budget formulation and execution; approval of payments, recording financial transactions, financial reporting
- Assessing - operational staff reporting to the Board of Assessors; developing property valuations for tax purposes; managing exemptions, abatement's and appeals; managing utility betterment charges; maintaining statutorily required lists of abutters.
- Financial Planning and Analysis - Financial strategic planning; financial performance planning and reporting; capital planning.
- Treasury/Collecting - Investing and investment reporting; borrowing and debt reporting; disbursement of payments; tax collection and delinquent tax management; water and sewer collections; intergovernmental and grant revenue collection.
- Payroll - Town employee time and attendance management; employee payroll computation; employee benefit management; employee leave and sick time administration; employee tax and benefit withholding and reporting.
- Procurement and Grants - Procedures and coordination of town purchase's; management of grants and cooperative funding opportunities.