Medical appointment transportation is available to Hopkinton seniors between 9 am and 3 pm within a reasonable distance to Hopkinton.
Medical transportation is provided to appointments within the local area using volunteer drivers. To help ensure being able to provide your ride, contact us with as much notice as possible but by noon a minimum of 48 hours (2 business days) prior to your appointment. Please leave a detailed message at extension 1613 between the hours of 9 am to 3 pm Mon. Thru Thurs. and Friday, 9-1.
Rides cannot be guaranteed at any time, but following this process will help us make connections with our volunteer drivers. SHORTER DAYLIGHT. Please try to arrange appointments so they are completed before dark.
INCLEMENT WEATHER and closings: The Hopkinton Senior Center is automatically closed when the Hopkinton Public Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions. We are also closed for federal holidays. Medical rides will have to be cancelled in the event of severe weather situations that require school closings or if the weather situation is too risky for the health and well being of the client or driver.
Our bus is available Tuesday through Friday to take people to Senior Center events, shopping, local errands and Day Trips. Individual requests can be arranged on a first come, first served basis.
Check our Hilltopper newsletter monthly for a listing of Day Trips and other special activities.
- METROWEST REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY (MWRTA)
- MWRTA operates fixed route buses in Hopkinton (the #5 bus down Rte. 135, with designated stops at Price Chopper and Dunkin Donuts on South Street) and neighboring towns. They use a regular schedule six days a week. If you cannot walk to a bus stop, a “flagdown” system may be used to catch the bus along the route. Schedules and route maps are available at the Senior Center or check www.mwrta.com
- Cost $ 1.50. Senior (65 years of age and older) – half-fare ($0.75) with ID indicating date of birth or a MWRTA senior photo card. Or, pre-purchase a Charlie Card and cost is $0.70 per ride.
- For service information call 508-935-2222
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Service Only
- Registration Required
- Call 508-820-4650 for schedule and registration
- $2 each way
- MART (Mass Health transportation)
- For Mass Health clients requiring transportation to medical appointments
- Call 1-800-854-9928
- American Cancer Society - Road to Recovery Program
- Free volunteer transportation to cancer related medical appointments
- Call 1-800-227-2345 (4+ day minimum notice required)
- Client paid - Transportation
- Caliber Patient Transport
- 800 615-7398
- $90 each way, plus $5 per mile after 10 miles (for "curb-to-curb" service)
- Caliber Patient Transport
NOTE: If assistance needed to get to the "curb," arrangements can be made for additional $40 each way.
- Client Paid - Home Care Agencies offering transportation
- Seniors Helping Seniors
- Professional Nursing Placement Services (PNPS)
- Hopkinton Home Care
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Jewish Family Services of Metrowest
HOPKINTON SENIOR CENTER TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
Seniors living in private facilities may use the Bus/Van service to Senior Center programs when available. Subject to availability, bus service is open to non-senior disabled independent living Hopkinton residents. If Assistance is needed it is your responsibility to provide an escort
- SENIOR CENTER BUS/VAN
- Days of Service: Tuesday - Friday
- Scheduling: Call 508-497-9730 (at least 24 hours in advance)
- Cost: $1 in-town; $3 out-of-town (Round-trip prices)
- Destinations and Schedules:
- Tuesday – 9:00 -11:00 lunch pickup; 11:00 - 11:30 lunch pickup; 12:45 - 3:00 shopping
- Wednesday – 9:00 - 3:00 Open for your request (Please sign up by 10:00 am on Wednesday)
- Thursday – 9:00 -11:00 local errands and Senior Center; 10:45 -11:15 lunch pick up; 12:30 – 3:00 to Bellingham stores
- Friday – 9:00 -12:00 Open for your request and subject to availability
- Medical Appointments (not available to those residing in private facilities)
- Minimum of 2 business days notice
- This is a curb-to-curb service. Riders must be able to navigate getting in and out of the vehicle without assistance.
- Volunteer Drivers will drive you to your appointments (local area only)
- Drivers cannot assist the passenger in or out of vehicle. If help is needed, it is the responsibility of the rider to obtain an escort to ride with them.
- Please note: Due to the limited number of volunteer drivers we cannot guarantee service.
- Donations to the Friends of Hopkinton Seniors gratefully accepted to help offset cost of this program.
- We are unable to accommodate certain medical conditions due to the nature of our program.
- Call Amy Beck at 508-497-9730 ext. 1613 to schedule a ride.
This is a partial listing. The Hopkinton Senior Center does not license, endorse or recommend any specific providers.